Not one, but three, teeth have shown up, with another one pending (behind a swollen gum). I attempted to take a picture, but Tyler didn't really cooperate with my efforts.
Tyler got his first hair cut last week. You're probably saying, "It doesn't look like he got his hair cut." And you're right--it's not real noticeable. It was just the long fly-away hairs from when he was first born.

Tyler learned to pull down the bumper around his crib, so I decided to take it out of the crib and lower the crib to the "big boy" stage. The room looks so bare without the colorful bumper.

Tyler's starting to pull himself up on things (mainly on me when I'm sitting on the floor), but I was surprised to see him by this box when I turned from the computer to see what he was doing.

Last night Darrell was reading out loud from the book that he gave me after Tyler was born. It's called "What to Expect The First Year." Darrell was naming off some of the benchmarks to look for around 8 months, and I'd answer in the affirmative or negative as to whether Tyler has achieved these "pint-sized wonders." One was "get into a sitting position from stomach." I had to answer "No, Tyler hasn't done that yet."
Well, just today, Tyler did indeed accomplish that feat! I didn't get a picture of it, but here's Tyler sitting by his two "Baby Einstein" DVDs. It's funny how he really likes to watch those. He can stay entertained for a long time (relatively speaking) while listening to Mozart or Beethoven and watching baby toys, bright lights and puppets flash across the screen.
No comments:
Post a Comment