This week we found out I was pregnant (!!!!), but it was short-lived and ended in a miscarriage again. We're disappointed, but not defeated.
I believe we were given the 10th commandment, "Thou shalt not covet," for times such as these. In general, none of us goes around coveting our neighbors' property and plotting ways to steal it from them. But we do see things that we wish would happen in our lives and we hope for those things. It's not wrong to have righteous desires, but neither is it productive to focus on things we DON'T have. I think the 10th commandment is to remind us of how blessed we truly are. We need to spend less time focusing on the things we DON'T have, and keep focusing on the blessings we DO have.
One bright spot in this miscarriage is that we found out quite quickly that it had occurred. Our last miscarriage was kind of drawn out with hopeful waiting. I really didn't want to go through that again, and luckily we didn't have to. I consider that a blessing. This morning I was talking to a lady at Curves who, not knowing that I was dealing with a miscarriage, told me how her sister had a miscarriage this week. She was 5 months along, but they believe the fetus died at 4 months. The sister had to go through labor and deliver a deceased baby. After hearing that story I was REALLY glad my miscarriage happened when and how it did.
I have so much to be grateful for: a great husband, a super cute little boy who we LOVE to PIECES, a beautiful house, a free country to live in, Darrell's good job, our good health, the gospel of Jesus Christ, and great family and friends.
Tyler has been mastering walking this week and is so cute. This video clip of him teaches me some great lessons about life:
*be cheerful and happy
*check in with those you love often
*when life hands you a "face plant," jump right back up (and do some raspberries if you feel like it)
*and if it all becomes overwhelming, return to your knees....
5 comments:
Awesome! With faith like that you will always have happiness!!!
I am so glad you are blessed! I have a friend who lost a five month pregnancy last week, and 2 other friends who miscarried this week. Such a hard thing! Thank goodness for the gospel!
Oh darn it! I have been thinking about you and wondering. You are an inspiration. I need to adopt this attitude in my life.
And Tyler is SUCH a cute little walker!!
We're sorry things didn't go as planned. But that video of Tyler definitely helps you remember the great things in life. So much excitement for simply walking! Such a great kid.
You are awesome and you have such a way with words.
Post a Comment