Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Well, I Won't Do THAT Again

It all began with a simple thought, really:

Let's have Spaghettios for lunch.

It turned out to be a little more MESSY and complicated than I originally thought.

We haven't had Spaghettios since way back around New Years. (Tyler used to love them--until he got the flu, ate a few bites and threw them up. Since then they have never sounded appetizing to him--can't say that I blame him.) Well, it's been 7 months since the offending episode so I thought we'd have them for lunch today.

They were a hit.

Maybe a little too much of a hit.

The girls LOVED squishing them and smashing them and *trying* to get those slippery little O's into their mouths...and into their hair...and on to the ground.









You KNOW lunch is good when it's stuck to your arms up to your elbows



or when it's stuck to your face.



And while it was a close race...



the winner of the get-yourself-plastered-with-Spaghettios contest is Emily!



Lessons learned:

Dried tomato sauce is WAY hard to clean up.



You don't have to clean so much off the floor if Megan is in "vacuum mode."



After a good nap (mine), I've decided that we might hold off another 7 months before we try Spaghettios for lunch again.



Bonus footage: (I love how Tyler says "Mommy, Emi is so cute." and then later, "Megan is so cute.")

4 comments:

Linde said...

So funny to see! I had forgotten about those. Maybe we'll have to try them sometime!

Tansy said...

Uh-oh! Spaghettio's! I'm so glad you documented this lunch. :)

Derek said...

We'll look for another Spaghettio episode in another 7 months, sometime around February 2012!

Unknown said...

Haha--note to self: skip the spaghettios!