The girls are talking and it's so fun to see them learn new things all the time. Tyler was very fluent in his own language when he was the age of the girls (17 months), but he didn't really connect with English until a few months later.
Emily is into one syllable words, while Megan can say one and two syllable words/phrases. Here's a sampling of Emily's words--da (daddy), bah (ball), no, milk, mo (nose), eyes, boo (book), boo (boot), bear (for any stuffed animal), bah (bonk--when she bonks her head on something), shoe, sock, pone (phone), ban (banana), bock (blocks), door, uh oh, and joo (juice.) Megan can say cracker, car, apple, Daddy, shoes, ball, uh oh, ah puppy (for any stuffed animal and for her blanky), pop pop (popcorn), pop pop (bye bye), good girl (when she is done having her teeth brushed), toot (whenever she toots or someone else does--yeah, so glad she proudly learned that one), and thank you. (It just melts my heart to hear her little voice say thank you whenever I give her something.)
Although Tyler was delayed in speaking English, he is going gang busters over learning the letters of the alphabet. Every day we read his Clifford dictionary before his nap and he learns more and more letters all the time. It's so fun to see him spy letters E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. Here is what he knows (and the word he associates with the letters): T and t for Tyler, M and m for Megan, E and e for Emily, O for Olivia (his cousin), A for Aubrey (another cousin), R for Ryan (his friend), D for Daddy, I for ice cream, J for Jonathan (another cousin), S for Sam (a boy from school), and V for vacuum.
I feel so blessed that I am able to be a stay at home mom and that I get to teach my children things and be the first one to see them learn knew things.
2 comments:
That is so great about Tyler and his love of learning letters. Jacob has always talked well, but doesn't seem to be overjoyed at learning the letters. He knows them, but when I try to "encourage" by having him point them out, etc. He says, "Mom, lets not do letters right now." Being the former teacher that I am it kind of makes me crazy--I want him to LOVE this and beg me to do letters and numbers with him. :) All in good time.
He needs to learn B for Brenda! : )
Post a Comment