Megan and Emily turned 3 years old on June 4.
They woke up to see streamers, balloons and lots of presents.
Megan
Emily
The last presents weren't wrapped--just brought in from the garage where they had been hiding.
Tyler was a great big brother and helped Emily ride around the house before we took the bikes outside.
Trying out their new watercolors.
Trying out the bikes outside.
They both wanted to eat dinner at "Old McDonald's."
Emily
Megan
I didn't give the girls many options for cakes. I wanted them each to have their own cake, but I didn't want to make 2 full cakes. I made 2 round cakes and they could choose a flower or a ladybug.
Emily chose to make a green flower (green is her favorite color), and Megan chose a ladybug.
Megan is a true girly girl. She loves dressing up as a princess. She loves to play with her little horses, ponies and dolls. She loves pretending, and often times when I call her name, she'll say "I'm not Megan! I'm __________. (Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, a doggy, etc. Last week she pretended she was a rolling pin and rolled around on the floor to get places.) Megan is a tease, but is also a little cutie. We love her so much! Happy Birthday Sweet Megan!
Emily is very independent and loves doing things her way and by herself. (I love that both Emily and Megan insist on dressing themselves, washing their hands, etc. Yay for my "big girls!") Emily has learned to ride her bike and is pretty much potty trained. Emily is very loving and can give great hugs when she's overcome with happiness and excitement. She has an amazing memory and amazes me with vocabulary she picks up by just by watching and observing. She is one smart cookie and we love her so much. Happy Birthday Sweet Emily!
We nearly forgot the party hats, but thankfully Megan remembered while we were dishing up the cake.
Tyler and Megan
Tyler and Emily
Happy Birthday Emily and Megan! We love having you in our family!
3 comments:
What a fun day! I love the picture of the two girls on their bikes with helmets. Your kids are darling, Debbie!
Love the bikes! Birthdays with your kids look so fun! :)
What a good mom! Streamers and balloons!!! I can't believe they are 3!
Yes, we do need to get together. Look at your calendar and let's see what works.
I'll probably call you to see what we can figure out. Do you want to go somewhere (like the splash pad last year) or to a house? I am happy to come there or we could meet half way like at Liberty Park (it is a bit crowded, but would work). Anyway think about what you think might work. :)
Post a Comment