Sunday, September 29, 2013

Our Garden

We had a very productive garden this summer--especially our fruit trees.  Last year our plum tree produced plums and we only got one peach total.  This year we got peaches, pears, apples, nectarines and one plum.


Our corn



Apple tree



Nectarine tree



Our one and only plum



Pear tree



Peach tree



Unfortunately the wasps liked our peaches and nectarines as much as we did.  Look at how they ate them.



Some of the "pretty" ones



Lots and lots of peaches



I peeled and cut the peaches to freeze them for smoothies and to make into jam.



 
 Nectarines. 



I washed, cut and blended the nectarines up to make fruit leather.  I also made some nectarine freezer jam.  It took me FOREVER to get the peaches and nectarines taken care of because I'd just get started peeling or cutting and then I'd have to go referee a fight between the kids or get this, that or another thing for them.  I worked late into the night sometimes after the kids were in bed.  It was a lot of work, but I'm so grateful for all the fruit we got this year.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love reading your blogs and keeping up with what you, Darrell and the kids are up too. Even though I don't always comment.....keep posting!!:-)