Sunday, September 6, 2015

Back to School

August was an exciting month because Tyler headed back to school and Emily and Megan started school. 

We had to be to the school before the first day of school for a PTA meeting so we stopped by to see Tyler's room.  His 2nd grade teacher is Mrs. Matsumura.



The first day of second grade.






The girls didn't start school that day, but they did participate in the photo booth.

Megan



Emily


The girls had their pre-assessments later that day and they got to meet their teachers.  Megan has Mrs. Van Mondfrans.  (The kids just call her Mrs. Van.)



Emily's teacher is Mrs. Sorensen.



A week later it was the girls' first day of kindergarten!
Emily and her Barbie backpack





Megan and her Disney princess backpack




Sisters



Sisters...and brother

Kindergarten--so exciting!



Lining up out back on the playground
Megan



Emily



All of the kindergartners walked around to the front of the building to enter the doors for their "clap in."  It's an awesome tradition where the whole school lines the halls and cheers and claps for the kindergartners as they enter the school.  It was pretty emotional for this momma.




Emily (in the back) at her desk.



Megan



At home after the first day.  They both loved their first day of school.




That evening we went and got sundaes to celebrate.

Emily and Tyler



Me and Megan


I just had to document this:  The first couple days that I went to pick up the girls Megan would hold on to the playground bars and say, "I don't WANT to go home!"  (I know, Honey, I wish it was all-day kindergarten too!)


1 comment:

The Normans said...

Can't believe your "babies" are in kindergarten!