We had a Relief Society activity where we went to the Ronald McDonald House and made up little packets of coloring books, stickers and crayons for the children and their families who come to be treated.
The kids participated in Up With Kids again this year. The play was "Aladdin-A Tale Told Inside Out." The kids performed for an elementary school and I was able to get a picture of all 3 of them. Megan is Joy (from Inside Out), Tyler is one of Jafar's minions named Desperado, and Emily was a princess named Marigold.
Then finale at the elementary school.
I had a piano recital for my students at the church. I taught 8 students this year, as well as my three kiddos. (I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of all 11 of them. It would have been so easy since they were all sitting in the front row.) I didn't get videos of my kids playing either, but here are the pictures.
Emily (She was a little nervous so I stood up by her.
Tyler
Megan
I also didn't get a picture of my mom and I doing a piano duet, but it was fun, and I'm glad she's always willing to participate.
The next day the kids performed "Aladdin-A Tale Told Inside Out" for family at a nice jr. high. Tyler came out in the audience during one of the songs and asked us to dance. Here is Tyler and Darrell dancing.
Megan (in the middle) as Joy.
Emily as Princess Marigold
Tyler as a light saber in the Cave of Wonders.
Emily (2nd from left) as a little genie
Megan (2nd from right) as a little genie
Tyler (in the red) as Desperado
The whole cast in the finale
The kids doing sign language to "A Whole New World."
Emily
Megan
Tyler
Emily wanted to know if I wanted her autograph since she was in a play. Of course I did!
Megan had to follow suit.
The kids with the fabulous Miss Nancy. (My mom had bought the kids each some flowers. Tyler was so thoughtful and asked if he could give his to Miss Nancy.)
Eating at Sizzler with my mom and dad. We love when they come down to support the kids in piano recitals and Up With Kids shows.
The kids (and Darrell) loved swimming at my parents' hotel pool.
Tyler held a little basketball game between him and Darrell. He made up this little sign for me so I could "cheer for the Tylers" (as he calls his team "The Tylers.")
I traded in my "Teacher Appreciation" hat this year for the "Field Day" hat. It was a lot of work to plan activities for all of the kids, but one day of activities is much better than a whole week of planning for teacher appreciation. Everything turned out really well. Here are a few pictures.
The fire department came and hosed down the kids at the end of the day. It was fun, but just a little chilly at that point.
Megan
Emily
Tyler
Emily and Megan graduated from kindergarten. The school district gave these t-shirts that say "Class of 2028" to all the kindergartners in the district and the kindergarten teachers at the girls' school asked that all the kids wear them.
Megan and Emily
All of the kindergartners
Emily receiving her diploma.
Megan receiving her diploma.
The girls have had a wonderful year this year. Megan with Mrs. Van and Emily with Mrs. Sorensen.
First and last day of kindergarten.
Tyler's last day of 2nd grade was the next day. We loved Mrs. Matsumura (although we don't have a picture with her.)
The kids discovered we had a bird nest in our pear tree. Sure enough. There were two baby birds in it.
I made my first purchase of items for my classroom and they just make me happy. Yay for U.S. History décor!
A little hot dog and s'mores action in our backyard.
We had a little sleep over in the living room the night before Memorial Day.
Megan (She had everything set up on her "night table," as she calls it.)
Tyler
Emily (who made a little cradle for her 2 Olafs with her blanket.
We went up to Silver Lake on Memorial Day hoping we could hike a little about the lake, but it turns out there was still quite a bit of snow on the trail, so we just hike around the lake before going back to the van to get warm and eat our lunch.
Emily (who forgot her jacket and borrowed mine), Megan and Tyler
We drove over Guardmans Pass over into Park City. Emily wasn't going to get any nearer to the edge of the mountain than this.
The kids wanted to play on a playground so we found an elementary school in Park City.
Tyler liked this sliding thingy.
Megan
Emily
We picked up some flowers at Lowe's and the kids helped plant them.
We had a great Memorial Day and are so grateful for those who have given their lives for our freedoms. (Tyler, Emily, Megan)
2 comments:
What a great post! It's so fun to read some of the things you and your family are up to!
Love the autographs!
Post a Comment