Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday!

Photobucket

Ever since I was just a "wee one" myself, she has had a profound influence on my life.

Photobucket

As Abraham Lincoln said, "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."

I can say the same about my mom. I'm so grateful for the way she raised me to be respectful, responsible and honest. We were taught at a young age the value of a bar of soap (on the tongue for saying a bad word) and of a wooden spoon (for a swat on the toosh) as we learned about choices and consequences. It's a concept many kids (and adults) still don't get today. But I'm thankful for a mom who taught me all about right and wrong.

I'm grateful for my mom's love and support in everything I do. She's always encouraged me to do my best and came to support me in whatever I pursued, whether it was a brief stint in middle school/jr. high basketball or as my accompanist for music competition in high school.

I'm grateful my mom has always been there for all of the important events in my life: my blessing day, my baptism, graduation from high school and 2 colleges, getting my own temple endowment, and my wedding.

I am especially grateful for her wisdom and expertise now that I am a mom myself. It was wonderful for her to come help me right after Tyler was born. I hope I am able to tap into her love, wisdom and knowledge for many years to come!

Photobucket

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

2 comments:

e.brooke said...

How Awesome Debbie! I love the pictures that you used!!! They say a lot! We are all very blessed indeed, directly or indirectly...her mothering skills bless us on stage and behind the scenes. Enriching our lives even at times without the knowledge to comprehend.

At Home! said...

I love your mom too! And have learned so many valuable things from her example. I feel that Brooke is blessed to have her for a mom and I am blessed to have her for my dear friend. She is so thoughtful and always encourages everyone! She goes out of her way to make us all feel very special.

When I saw the photo of her holding you as a baby...I just smiled! She is such a beautiful woman and now I know where you kids all get those beautiful eyes from.