Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Prep

'Tis the season!

Our Christmas tree smells SO good! I love the smell of real trees! The decorating of this year's tree is evidence of how busy life is with 3 little ones. We bought the tree on a Saturday and got it up in the stand that day. But we didn't get around to decorating it because I had to put the outside Christmas lights up and run to Old Navy with Tyler while Darrell watched the girls. (You don't just take 3 kids on errands.) I put the lights on the tree on Sunday, but then I didn't get the decorations on until Tuesday. I didn't put on the ribbon or the balls this year--we're just lucky to have up what we have! AND we're lucky to have presents under the tree thanks to Darrell's sister and mom. (I still haven't wrapped any gifts yet.)



Emily thought the outside lights looked like a fun toy.



I'm not sure how she did it, but Emily picked out her gift from the pile and was playing with it.



We finally put our shelf up by our front door so we could hang our Christmas stockings on it.



We made and decorated Christmas cookies on Sunday.



The girls watched from the Bumbos. (Notice a new scratch on Megan's face thanks to Tyler.)



Tyler LOVED the cookies. He kept trying to sneak a cookie before we decorated them.



He also discovered the sprinkles.

No comments: