Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Outside



The kids love, love, LOVE being outside.  I'm so grateful for our fenced in backyard.  The kids love to play in the sandbox, in the gravel under the playground set and in the dirt.  It is a kids' paradise out there.


(If you look closely in the picture of Megan by the slide, you can see a green tomato in her hand.  The girls love picking the tomatoes and carrying them around.  Megan says, "Ap-ple.  Ap-ple.")



























 














All three love swinging.  They totally luck out when Darrell pushes them because he stays right by the swings and keeps them going.  I, on the other hand, will give each a push and then go pull some weeds or groom the jungle of tomato plants we have.



Here they are helping Daddy with the lawn.









Helping with the harvest--apples and pumpkins












We've loved being out in the fall weather.  I don't know what we'll do when it gets cold.  (Boo!)




4 comments:

Linde said...

Wow! YOur plants look great! Are you canning any of the apples?

I and Jacob love being outside too!
Will miss the warm weather. Trying to rack my brain for some inside stuff.

There is a new exhibit at the church museum for kids and I thought about doing that when it gets cold. Are you interested in joining?

Melissa said...

Wow!! Your yard looks great!!:) What a fun yard for kids!! They look like they are very big helpers too!!:) So cute!!
I am getting nervous for next year because we are going to be ripping out the entire yard to put in a sprinkler system and then re-seeding the grass, so I don't know that the boys are going to do without a yard!! Or what this mama is going to do!! I guess we will be taking lots of trips to the park!!:)

Stacy said...

AHh! Beautiful beautiful kids! They are so adorable! I can't believe how big they all are!!

The Normans said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting! They are too cute! :)