Monday, October 31, 2011

A Tradition Continues


We grew up playing family games at our house on Sundays.  We loved it.

After I graduated from college and had some awesome roommates, we always used to have friends over on Sunday evenings to play games.

Now I get to play games with my own little family on Sundays.  A couple weeks ago I pulled out our Candy Land game.  Tyler doesn't really get the whole concept of moving the gingerbread men around the board, but he loves turning over the cards.  Darrell had never played Candy Land before so after a (very) brief explanation he played with Tyler while the girls looked on.  (They got to hold a gingerbread guy and "play" on the Chutes and Ladders board, all while sitting up to the table just like big people do).






Afterwards we played "Ring Around the Rosies." (Tyler calls it "Ring Around the Horsies.")  The girls LOVED playing it and kept wanting to hold our hands to do it again.


The best part was dog-piling Darrell when he fell down.





No comments: