All three are milk guzzlers. They'd all drink milk all day long if I let them. Here they are one morning before breakfast. (Yes, Tyler still uses a sippy cup because it's just easier since the girls do right now.)
Megan likes playing with Tyler's cars and driving them anywhere she can. This picture is significant because we've reached a milestone--the girls just sit at the table now, they don't climb on top of it. Yay! Below Megan is storing cars and toys in the microwave of their kitchen.
The girls love carrying the stool around and then placing it just right so they can stand on it to reach things. (Lovely!) Emily brought the stool down the stairs this night.
The kids love watching Dora the Explorer DVDs from the library. Both girls say "Dora" when they see her. Megan and Tyler are the biggest fans. They will watch it while I try to get things done. Emily would rather hang out with me most times.
Tyler hides cars and other toys under the couches and beds. If he's ever looking for a specific car or truck, we always have to go check under every hiding place.
Megan, Tyler and Emily have fun crawling through the tunnel between the couch and the wall.
Tyler is NOT interested in potty training and I'm not interested in forcing him to be interested so he wears pull ups. He put one on his head like a hat and Emily wanted to copy him. They ran around like that and had the greatest time.
Emily and Megan can now walk up the stairs.
Megan and Emily can also get themselves up on the couch now. You'll notice Tyler has my "wrap around tie thing" (belt? Is that what they call it?) that goes with my robe. A few weeks ago he would always steal it and use it to play Rapunzel. He would hold it up to his head and pretend he had long hair. I had to put an end to such fun because my belt was always somewhere different around the house. I'd always have to go searching for it when I wanted to put my robe on. Instead I cut 3 pieces of "hair" from some old fabric, but none of the kids think that those are very fun.
Emily having fun with the Sunday newspaper.
This is the aftermath of the girls hanging out in the kitchen with me while I made lasagna.
All three kids love books. Yay! Megan especially loves pulling them off the bookshelf and reading them. Tyler and I always read together on his bed before his nap. No matter what other books we read, we always end with his Clifford dictionary followed by "In a People House." Tyler has the whole text of "In a People House" memorized and "reads" it to me.
2 comments:
These are great things to remember. I just thought I would share that we have started watching Dora in Spanish. We have been checking them out at the library, I check to make sure the DVD has the Spanish option before we can check it out. If there is no Spanish, we don't get it. My kids are loving it these days.
You are so smart to put these things down...it is true--you do forget in the daily ins and outs of life.
Are you ready for christmas?? :)
Post a Comment