Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garden

We planted our garden 2 weekends ago.  That is the earliest we've ever planted, but it was a nice day and we thought, "Why not?"  We planted strawberries, peas, beans, carrots, potatoes, spinach, and lettuce.  We'll plant a few more things when it gets a little warmer.



Emily, Megan and Tyler loved "helping" with their own shovel, rake, and hoe.



Our little gardeners--Megan, Emily, Tyler

 

Last week I finished cutting up our old carpet that we had replaced in all of our bedrooms.  I put the carpet with the "carpet-y" side down on the ground to create walk ways between the garden boxes.  I got some of it done last year and it cut down on the weed-growth between the boxes SO MUCH!



2 comments:

Derek said...

How do the carpet cut-ups do when it is wet?

Derek said...

How do the carpet cut-ups do when it is wet?