This video shows what a riot sharing a bedroom with your twin can be.
Baby-ville
Assembling the first bed
The mattress that came rolled up and shrink-wrapped
The second bed
Ta Dah! "It's beautiful!" said Emily.
Emily
Megan
We finished the girls' beds right at nap time. The girls were SOOOO excited to try out their new beds. I just shut the door and let them "have at it." Eventually they both made it back to their beds and fell asleep.
I thought I'd try the "roam free" thing the second day too, but it was pretty disastrous. They kept fighting over toys, they ran around and around, they pulled wipes out of the container (didn't know the wipes were in the room) and they emptied all of their summer clothes out of the drawer to the middle of the floor between their beds.
The current arrangement for nap time, which seems to be working pretty well, is that Emily gets on her bed and Megan gets on my bed. That way they can't see each other and feed off of each other (see video above). I sit in the hallway between the two bedrooms and catch up on e-mails, blogs and Facebook on the Kindle Fire. The girls stay in their beds and eventually fall asleep. Fortunately we've never had a problem with the girls getting out of bed at night. They seem to understand that they just stay there.
3 comments:
Glad the new beds are working pretty well. :)
You've made it!!! Grown up twins are awesome! From now on out, two is better than one!!
I love their rooms!
Post a Comment