Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall--So Far

Here is a little bit about what we've been up to.

A few weeks ago the girls got their hair cut.  Megan was born with a lot of hair and it's continued to grow quickly.  People ask me if I have cut Emily's hair so that it is shorter than Megan's, but no, Emily's hair just grows slowly. 

Emily just got a trim.



But Megan went from this



to this.  It's cute and I'm sure it will grow out quickly.



One evening we went to the drag races.  It was SO loud.  Darrell went to the "concession stand" and bought us each a pair of $2.00 ear plugs, which helped, but it was still pretty loud.  And all I did was keep re-inserting ear plugs into 3 sets of ears the whole time.  But it was fun and I'd like to go back another time.

 
 

 Playing with play dough while I made up some Halloween sugar cookies  (plus the letters "T" "E" and "M.")



Tyler



Emily



Megan



We are really going to miss our Sunday evening walks to the park once it gets dark and cold.  We went last night to a nearby park and I snapped some "last of the season" shots.

The girls now want to walk instead of ride in the stroller or wagon, which is fine, except it takes a little longer, especially because Emily likes to stop and pick flowers and weeds.

 

Megan

 

The girls insisted on pulling the wagon.

 
 

I love this picture of Darrell and Emily holding hands.

 

Emily climbing, hanging and rolling.

 
 
 

Tyler with a huge dead branch that he found.

 

 Megan climbing and sliding.


 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's been awhile since I have had time to catch up my blog reading! I love all of the updates!! I can't believe how big the girls are getting! And they both look adorable with their haircuts!!
I also love their rooms. Such a cute idea to put their names obove their beds in vinyl! So cute! And I am very impressed the girls stay in their beds with each other in the room at night! I wonder how it will be when eventually I am sure we will have to have Teague and Bronx in the same room...but for now I just enjoy the fact that they can have their own space and we can all get a somewhat normal nights sleep!:)

The Normans said...

I love the haircuts! And I love those princess t-shirts that the girls are wearing when you're making cookies! :)