Sunday, May 5, 2013

Visitors!

Darrell's mom Carol and her good friend Shirley came to visit us in April.  We had such a wonderful time.

We had a welcome/birthday party the first night we were together.  A Costco cake--I tell you, you can't go wrong with that.



The kids each got a piece of cake and a candle.  Then we sang "Happy Birthday" to all of them.



After dinner the kids got to open up their early birthday presents.  They were in heaven.



Tyler scored in the Transformers department.



Emily with all of the bags.



The kids got some money for their birthday so we headed to the $1 section of Target.  They had so much fun spending their money--it was hard to decide what to get.

Tyler got 4 dinosaurs.



The girls each got a crown and sunglasses.  Emily bought some pens and Megan got a dinosaur.



Grandma and Megan



Shirley was so good to play Transformers and dinosaurs with Tyler.



Carol, Shirley, Darrell and the kids all went to Scheel's while I taught piano lessons.  Shirley, Tyler and Emily had fun riding on the ferris wheel.  Then they had to come home and re-enact it with the couch pillows.



We spent one day on Temple Square.  It was rainy off and on throughout the day, but we still had a great day.  The kids were SO good about walking everywhere and seeing everything.

In the Conference Center









I love this picture of the kids and the temple.

"I love to see the temple.  I'm going there someday."



We went in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  This is where we had our wedding pictures and our wedding reception 8 years ago.

Then:



Now:



The Temple from the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building



We went to City Creek for lunch.  The McDonald's Happy Meals were a fun treat.



The kids enjoyed playing on the dinosaurs.







Emily hanging out with Grandma and Shirley.

 

The fountains at City Creek



The sun came out in the afternoon and we were able to go on the roof of the Conference Center.



We ate at Cracker Barrell.  Tyler was so tired that he fell asleep in the middle of eating his hamburger.





We came home and were FINALLY able to spend some time out in the yard.  It was so cool while Carol and Shirley were visiting that we stayed inside most of the time.



We loved having Carol and Shirley visit us and can't wait for them to come again.

5 comments:

mbrady said...

I LOVE the hamburger picture! You know you've had a fun-filled day when that happens :)

Linde said...

Looks so fun! I LOVE the picture of Tyler falling asleep. So funny!!

Derek said...

I vote for Tyler's dinosaur picture. Cheese!

The Normans said...

I like the temple picture! :)

Hendricksonblog said...

The "now" is much more entertaining. LOL