Tyler woke up to balloons, streamers and presents.
He had been waiting for his birthday for SO long. It finally arrived!
He opened his presents and then ate breakfast surrounded by his presents. (His breakfast of choice is almost always frosted shredded wheat and it wasn't any different on that day, even though he was given other options.)
Tyler had 7 friends over for a birthday part. He chose a Thomas the Train theme.
The boys playing with trains and cars.
Pizza and blue Kool Aid (with red ice cubes--Thomas colors)
That's one loaded trampoline!
Bubbles!
I made train brownies (made a pan of brownies and used a train cookie cutter) and piped blue frosting around it.
Birthday boy! (He wore his birthday badge to bed, wore it on his birthday and then wore it to bed that night too.)
Tyler chose a train cake from our cake book, and he wanted every train car to be orange. We decorated the cake while the girls were taking their naps. He did the decorating all by himself, consulting "the map" (the cake book) for ideas. It is times like this when I realize how big he's getting.
We went to "Old McDonalds" (that's what the kids call it) for dinner. They loved the hamburgers and chicken nuggets and playing on the playground.
The orange train cake.
We sure do love Tyler. He is a sweet, smiley kid. I love his innocence--it's so refreshing--and I love all the things he is learning. He loves practicing his handwriting and he does math all the time without "realizing" he's doing it. He can be a big tease to his sisters, but he also has a soft, sweet side. I love that he still wants to sit on my lap at church and that he'll hold my hand when we go for walks.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing all of the fun pictures with us. What a cute little boy. His smile is contagious.
Post a Comment