Tyler doing his sight word flashcards and Megan and Emily practicing cutting paper.
Tyler celebrated 100 days at school.
We made Valentine's sugar cookies. At first only Emily and Megan wanted to help because Tyler was too busy playing with Tinker Toys, but then he decided to get in on the fun.
Megan with a gathering of stuffed animals.
Darrell and Tyler got the wooden train track out to play with on the table while I took Emily and Megan to ballet. When the girls got back they wanted to play too.
Emily
Tyler
Megan
Megan, Tyler and Emily were invited to a princess and pirate birthday party. I took this picture before they left.
Ever since Tyler was little, little (like 1 1/2 years old) he has enjoyed going "dizzy" with Darrell. That means they run around in a circle (around the table or around our pantry "island."). Now days it involves the girls too.
Tyler
Megan and Darrell
Emily taking a break
I helped some other Young Women leaders for our fundraiser. We made Oreo truffle balls and caramel pretzels. It was a lot of work, but the ladies I work with are fabulous.

Here is a combined Young Men/Young Women activity at the church. It was a spaghetti dinner with the added challenge of eating with hands tied together. The Young Women were good sports about it...the Young Men...not!


The PTA at Tyler's school had a Books 'n' Buddies activity where the kids can come with a buddy, have a donut and read a book. Darrell came and read to the kids while I helped pour chocolate milk, white milk and orange juice.


A couple other things that I'm up to.
I am working on my teaching re-certification. I took one on-line class from January to February and I will start another one this week. Darrell has been so good about taking the kids each Saturday afternoon so I can read the course work and do my assignment. The kids love the outings too. Sometimes they go to the park, Costco, the library, etc.
Also, in January I volunteered to do the school choir at Tyler's school. It wasn't something that I planned on doing, but after attending the Christmas sing-a-long I realized how much I miss teaching music. I get a few relicensing points for volunteering, but I'm mainly doing it because I love it. The choir is called the Rocketeers and we have 60 kids involved. We are learning the Hope of America program. We meet before school on Thursdays and Tyler comes with me. He always says, "I miss the kids" after we're done and they leave. Luckily all the extra work I'm putting into it isn't a burden. I find it quite energizing and I love it!
1 comment:
How do you do it all? You're amazing. That's awesome that you are getting re-certified!
Post a Comment