Thursday, June 1, 2017

Sea World

While we were in California we spent 3 days in San Diego.

I didn't realize (until I got to the van rental counter and they refused to let me rent the van) that my driver's license had expired.  (I kinda, sorta remembered getting a paper about that sometime.  Oops!)  Anyway, Darrell was the driver for the whole trip and was a good sport about it (even though he really doesn't like to drive that much.)



And off we go (Carol, Emily, Megan and Tyler)



Tyler, Emily and Megan




Dolphin show











Touching the rays





Lots of flamingos



Sea lion show







Sharks





Emily, Tyler, Megan



Turtles



Turtle statue (Tyler, Megan, Emily)



Eating our $80 lunch (!!!!!!) of hot dogs, chips and slushies.



Whale show







Tyler, Megan and Emily



Fishies



Walrus



Enjoying some rides







Sky ride

Emily and Megan



Tyler and Me



Megan and Tyler decided to go on the Manta roller coaster.  They both wanted to ride with me, but we couldn't all be together so I put them together and I rode by myself.  It went a little bit faster than they thought and they were both a little freaked out.  But they survived to talk about it!



We went up in this revolving "tower."  It was really cool.



The views from up top.









Emily



Megan



Tyler



That night Tyler stayed in Grandma's room.  Megan had a whole bed to herself and her stuffed dolphin, Daisy.



Emily thought it would be fun to sleep on the chair/ottoman.  She found out it wasn't that comfortable and a little cold.  Silly girl!  Here she is with her sea lion that she named "Sleo" (a mixture of seal lion and Leo the lion)



No comments: