Sunday, July 18, 2021

Camping July 2020

 We were able to get our annual camping trip in.  We were SO surprised to find out that the camping sites up South Willow Canyon had become reserved sites since the last time we were there.  We were lucky enough to find an unreserved site that fit our tent.

The kids and I went up a few hours before Darrell could come. We set up the tent and then went inside while it rained. The kids read and I  took a little siesta. 

 

Hamburgers for dinner

I love that they wanted to read so much.

S'mores time

We went for a hike the next day.  You can tell how thrilled Emily was about that.

 

 

 

Hoagies for lunch

We went down the canyon a little bit to wade in the stream.

 

 

I introduced them to "joint grass."  I'm not sure what the official name is, but you can take the segments apart and kind of put them back together.

Playing cards

The kids put on a little puppet show from the tent window.

 

Hot dogs for dinner

The kids and their hide outs.  They create entrances and everything.

 

 

 

The deer always hang out around camp.

We always love our time camping.  Taking down the tent is always a sad time. :(

Getting lunch before heading out.

Emily, Tyler, me and Megan

Emily, Tyler, Darrell and Megan

No comments: