One Friday after I was done at the school, I picked up a pizza from Costco and then headed back to the apartment. I could hear an alarm going off and the closer I got to the apartment, it dawned on me that it WAS the apartment that had the fire alarm going off. Luckily Darrell had been home when the alarm went off and so he and the kids were together outside. I picked them up and we waited in the van until they gave us the all clear to go inside. We're not really sure what happened, but the fire doors were blocking off some of the hallways and there was water dripping down through 2 floors.
On December 5 we found the rest of the driveway had been poured, as well as fixtures and boxes of cabinets, etc.
My mom sent us the makings of a candy advent countdown, so the girls helped attach the candy.
Tyler was given some graham crackers, frosting, candy, etc. for a youth gingerbread house decorating activity. The rest of us used the kit.
December 10-Cupboards and cabinets!
December 17-Our address, granite counter tops, blinds, utility appliances, doors on the closets downstairs and electricity
Megan had her dance recital on a Saturday in December. They held it in the community rooms at the WVC Fitness Center. They only gave 2 tickets to each dancer, so Darrell and I were the only ones able to go see her. She looked so beautiful and grown up.
December 19--All of the granite countertops had been installed and the kitchen sink too.
This is just for the memory of living in the apartment. They were constructing the "sister apartments" the whole time we were living there. It was fascinating to watch the progress.
December 24-The stove, microwave, dishwasher were installed, as well as the toilets and faucets. The air conditioner had also been installed. Apparently there were some plumbing issues with the upstairs bathroom shower.
No comments:
Post a Comment