Monday, September 15, 2008

Game Day!

Because the company Darrell works for is a corporate sponsor of BYU (and U of U) sports, we were able to get tickets for the BYU/UCLA game on Saturday. It was a great day for a game, and what a game it was! We couldn't have asked for a better score--59 to 0!!!!

We loaded Tyler up in the baby back pack with his BYU onesie and socks.

Photobucket

Once we got to the stadium Tyler wasn't impressed with our seats 10 rows up on the 40 yard line. It was hot and the very LOUD! He started crying the first time the crowd cheered. So he and I spent some time under the stadium where there was a cool breeze.

At half-time we got to go to the corporate sponsor tent for a not-so-typical-football-game meal. The Chef's Table catered the following things: roasted tomatoes and artichokes, bruschetta, meatballs and shrimp with cocktail sauce. The served it all on nice "China" with linen napkins and real silverware. For dessert there was a chocolate fountain with all kinds of goodies.

Photobucket

The corporate sponsor tent had two flat screen TVs that showed Versus broadcasting the game. I decided to stay in the tent and watch the game with Tyler. The one draw back was that the broadcast was 5 seconds delayed from the live action. So I'd listen to the crowd and then watch what they were cheering about 5 seconds later. It was like having instant replay the whole time. Oh well, I didn't mind. Tyler was able to take a nap and then stretch out on the table.

Photobucket

My brother Derek found Darrell in the stands and me in the tent thanks to cell phones.

Photobucket

Here we all are with the view of the stadium from the tent.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

AWWW--he is SO SO SO cute! And even cuter (if remotely possible) in his cougar gear! Glad you got to go even if you were "tenting" it most of the game!

Katie and Dennis said...

I don't think I can goo goo more than Kimberly did over Tyler. So I'll just say ditto!

Jennifer said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
I remember way back when I attended my first BYU football game - I was with you :) Those were fun times.

Derek said...

One of the pictures looks like Tyler tackled the burp rag! I'm glad I could meet you there. Your seats are miles different than mine.