
The outside circle is the "shell." He said that the embryos needed to hatch out of the shell, just like chickens do. You can see that the embryo is concentrated in the center. The embryologist said that as the embryos thaw they will spread out, but before they had time to spread the embryologist used a laser to assist the hatching by poking or cutting (or whatever you call it) a hole in the shell.
This is a picture of the embryos around 3:45 p.m., right before the transfer. The embryologist was so excited that one of the embryos was hatching. He said he doesn't know if the one on the right will hatch or not. We'll know if either of the embryos took next week when I go back to the clinic for a blood pregnancy test. We're hoping and praying for the best. The miracle of modern science is amazing!
3 comments:
That is so incredible! How wonderful is life! How awesome are miracles! What awe I have for the truly tender mercies of heaven...
How amazing that something so beautiful and fragile, intricate and thriving and so very tiny, could become a toddler in an armful of months!
I am going to go be a little more grateful today! Thank you for sharing this!
How exciting. I can't wait to hear if your test comes back positive!
I am so excited for you! I wanted to call you to ask you how it went but was too nervous. I just barely saw this post though.. so I don't know how I missed it earlier. I will send positive thougths your way and will pray for you!
Post a Comment