Last Saturday and Sunday was our church's General Conference. Twice a year we get to listen to two days of inspiring talks from our church leaders. The conference is broadcast on TV, satellite, radio and over the internet. I listened to Saturday's talks on the radio as Tyler and I headed to my parents' house. We watched the conference on satellite on Sunday.
I always love listening to our church leaders, especially the apostles and our prophet, Pres. Monson. I always come away feeling like I heard just what I needed to to buoy me up, and just what I needed to to improve and be a better disciple of Christ. I was especially touched by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk about Easter and Christ's atonement. I knew I wanted to post it on my blog for Easter if it was available. Well, I was thrilled to find that a portion of the talk is available on video.
Easter is definitely not about the Easter bunny--it is about the Savior of the World who died for all mankind, and then arose from the tomb to ensure eternal life for all mankind. How wonderful it is that HE LIVES! He suffered EVERYTHING so that He would know how to help each of us individually return to live with Him and God again. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and for this Easter Sunday to remember Him.
2 comments:
Terrific!
I loved conference SO much also. It is truly wonderful.
Post a Comment