*After getting the pregnancy results back this week, I feel like I need to add an asterisk to the word pregnant. I went in on Thursday for the blood test. They called me later in the afternoon to say that my hCG levels were 49, which means I'm pregnant, but that they would have liked to see the levels at least near the 100 level. They told me to be "guarded" and to come in on Saturday (today) to have them checked again. (The hCG levels are supposed to double every couple of days.) The good news is that today my levels were at 123, which means they doubled from the previous levels. They still want to monitor me again on Tuesday.
So, I guess I'm pregnant, but I still feel like it's kinda, sorta up in the air. Some websites that I found were a little more encouraging. They said the average levels for the first test are 48, so I felt good that mine were average. I guess you only have to have an hCG level of 5 to be pregnant, so I was definitely above that. Low hCG levels could mean an ectopic pregnancy or signify that there could be a miscarriage in the works. I'm not sure if the doctor wants to see higher levels on invitro babies because they need higher levels to survive or what.
What I do know for sure is that everything is in Heavenly Father's hands. We are praying and doing all we can on our side of things, but Life is in His hands. We pray that the pregnancy will progress as it should, but we're grateful for knowledge of a God who is wise and all-knowing. Everything will work out as it's supposed to, and I'm grateful that I KNOW THAT!
5 comments:
congratulations, I am so excited for you. we will keep you in our prayers.
Woot! Congrats!*
Hope it all works out . . .
Congratulations and happy birthday!
Sticky dust coming your way! Stick baby stick! We love you and are praying like crazy for you and your little bean!
Congrats!! I hope things keep going well.
Post a Comment