Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Happy Birthday

Tyler had a great birthday (even though he was pretty oblivious to what birthdays are all about.)

We had him open a couple of presents in the morning before Darrell went to work and then he opened the rest before we served cake and ice cream.

He loved, loved, LOVED getting Lightning McQueen and Mater. He played with them while he watched Disney's Cars (his very favorite movie right now.)



Dunking on his new basketball hoop.



Tyler also got 2 other Matchbox cars: a pickup truck and a dump truck.



Drumming away. (Maybe he'll take after his cousin Jeff.)



We went out to eat at Wendy's so Tyler could get his "burger and choc-y milk." I forgot to take the camera (I know, I thought it was always attached to me too) so I didn't get any pictures, but the girls LOVED their first taste of hamburgers and Frosties.

After last year's disaster with my attempt to make a cut-up cake, I was pleasantly surprised that this car cake turned out so cute.



Happy Birthday Tyler!



One very blessed boy (minus the keys we bought him (but couldn't find for the picture) so that he won't be so fascinated with Darrell's church keys--yeah, we'll see if that works!)

1 comment:

Linde said...

Hats off on the cake! It did turn out great. Want to make mine next year for Jacob? :)