Monday, March 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home

The kids and I were able to spend a few days at my parents' house and we had so much fun. 

The kids were SO good on the ride up.  Tyler couldn't wait to get to grandma's house so that helped him not be whiny at all.  Thankfully the dual DVD player helped entertain all 3 of the kiddos as we traveled along.

 I stopped at a gas station/convenience store to change diapers and that was a NIGHTMARE!  As I was trying to pay for the $3.00 (!!!!!) quart of chocolate milk to pacify the kids for the rest of the trip, the kids were having a grand old time running around the convenience store.  I finally caught up with Megan who had 2 or 3 cans of nacho cheese that she'd taken from somewhere.  As I was asking the clerk where the cans of cheese went, Tyler showed up with a pack of Rolos with the wrapper pulled off.  I went to pay for those ($1.10 later.  Seriously?  Rolos cost THAT much?)  I quickly rounded up Tyler and Emily and then found Megan emptying glass bottles (of some sort of drink) out of the 4-pack carrying case they were in.  Surprisingly we didn't have to pay for any other damage and we made it out in one piece!  Sheesh!

The kids loved playing with their cousins.

Dancing around with the cousins.



Laura, Olivia and Megan playing dress up.



Tyler and Daniel jumping on the trampoline.  Tyler had a BLAST and cried every time he had to come in.  I wouldn't let him stay out too long because it was COLD. 

 

The girls loved being outside too.



Making homemade donuts.  Yummy!



We were able to attend a couple of division playoff basketball games that the local girls' and boys' high school teams were in.  Both teams won the division titles and it was fun to cheer them on.  (The boys even took state this past weekend!  Yay Beavs!)  The kids were in heaven with a trip to McDonald's before the game.  All 3 of them LOVE hamburgers, fries and "choc-y" milk.






Sleep over at Grandma's after a nighttime story.

 
 

The kids loved spending time with their cousins.  Even today Emily came up to me and said, "Jonun?  (Jonathan) Huh?  Daniel? Huh?"  She wanted to know where they were.  A cute story about Tyler and Jonathan at church:  Jonathan had been passing the sacrament and Tyler hadn't seen him.  When Jonathan came back to sit with us, Tyler threw his arms around Jonathan to give him a hug and said, "Oh!  You're here!"  Too bad we don't live closer to any of the cousins on either side. 

6 comments:

The Normans said...

Seeing all the kids with their sleeping bags spread out makes me think of staying at Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's house. Good memories! Sometimes I wish we could go back...

Linde said...

Sounds and looks like you had so much fun! What a great time for the kids to be with cousins. What a woman for trying to take the 3 kids into the convience store...convient for diapers, but not for 3 wanderig kids! :)

mbrady said...

Oh my goodness! I love that picture with Aunt Janeen and all of the kids. Cousins are the best. And I agree with Nicole's comment :)

And I can't believe how grown up all of the "Leanardson" grandkids are! We sure don't see everyone often enough.

mbrady said...

*Leonardson

I promise I DO know how to spell your last name...just a mishap with my typing :)

debbie said...

Mandy-I didn't even notice that! Hee! Hee!

Derek said...

Let's go burger!