Emily, Megan, Tyler
Then we went to Target so the kids could spend money they got from Darrell's mom tucked in some Easter eggs, as well as some of their allowance money.
Silly Emily with her Easter basket on her head
The Easter Bunny came early to our house on--on Thursday, the day we left for Texas. (That's a random time, but it's better than the Easter Bunny finding us in a hotel room.) Tyler, Megan and Emily after searching for the hidden eggs.
The kids decorated little cakes for my birthday. They each chose purple frosting for "their" cake.
Megan
Tyler
Emily
The final products had LOTS of Easter candy on them. (And funny enough, no one really wanted to eat their cakes with all of that candy on them.)
I cooked the rest of the batter into a "normal cake."
We went to the Lehi Fun Center on my birthday because they were having a free day with our Pass of All Passes.
Emily, Tyler, Darrel and Megan on the carousel.

I had to include this picture of Darrell on a horse

Petting Zoo animals

Tyler LOVED the go cart race

The girls loved the swings, but they made me a little nauseous (I just can't do rides like I used to.)

We had birthday cake later that night.
Megan, Emily, me and Tyler
Emily, Megan, me and Tyler
This makes me smile. This is what Tyler had written on his calendar for my birthday. (I'm pretty sure "Mom" would have been easier to write.)
I helped pour milk and juice at the school's semi-annual Books 'n' Buddies, but Darrell is a great dad and came to read with the kids.

The school choir had it's spring concert on April 16. It was called "It's a Small World." We found a program that had songs from other countries which were then partnered with original songs and turned into duets. I also used some songs from another program I did when I taught 4th grade. (We didn't have as many students in Rocketeers the 2nd half of the year because we encouraged those who "didn't really want to be there" to talk to their parents. I think some kids were only there because their parents wanted them to be, so they wouldn't sing or do the actions. No one should be "forced" to sing and have fun, right?) The seventeen songs can be found on the school's YouTube site. (Search for Rocketeers.)


We had a Rocketeers party to celebrate their hard work. The kids ate and watched the songs on a big screen TV. They loved eating and singing along to themselves. I've really loved being a part of the school choir and getting my "teaching fix" without all of the work that goes with regular teaching.
One of the choir students brought me this cute drawing at our party. He wanted to know if this Kirby cartoon guy could be our mascot.
We hardly had snow the whole winter, but we did get quite a bit a of couple days. Normally Tyler wouldn't have had a chance to play in the snow because it was a school day, but he had an awful cough so I kept him home from school. He was feeling better by the afternoon when I went out to shovel so the kids all got to play.
Emily
Megan
Tyler
On the opposite end of the spectrum, we enjoyed some nice weather at the end of the month. We put the trampoline back up and ate outside. (Although, apparently Emily was cold enough to put on her coat while we ate. (?) )
All 3 kids wanted to do soccer this spring. They had "meet the coach/picture day" in April. (Emily, Tyler and Megan)

We were able to attend the Payson Temple Open House. It was SO beautiful!



Megan wanted me to take a picture of her twirling.

Emily, Megan and Tyler

My baking helpers Emily, Tyler and Megan
This is an unrelated baking picture. I usually don't mess recipes up, but I did this day. I swore I read the recipe correctly, but apparently not:
When they came out of the oven all spread out everywhere, I knew I messed up somewhere. Yep, I doubled the butter, so I had to go back and double everything and try to salvage the cookies. Of course it wouldn't all fit in the Kitchen Aid so I had to mix by hand. We had so much dough that I ran out of time to bake them and ended up making them into balls and freezing them. The kids love the frozen cookie dough, so I guess it didn't turn out too badly after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment