Sunday, July 3, 2016

Reunion

We were able to attend my mom's side family reunion.  She was in charge of it and we did in the tiny little town where she grew up and where we all have fond memories of spending time at Grandpa and Grandma's house.

The church set up for meals



Face painting


Emily







Megan





Tyler



The kids loved the bounce house




Emily, Olivia and Megan



Tyler and Kyle



Tyler with his Minecraft drawings



My little buddy Alex who kept pushing his hat down to "hide"



There were several guessing jars.  Tyler won the Cookie Crisp jar.



We went out to my grandparents' house (now my Uncle John's house) to reminisce.  The kids played on the things we grew up playing on (all made by my grandpa)

Megan and Emily on the swing set



Tyler


Emily



Emily on the merry-go-round



There was another day of the reunion, but unfortunately sickness hit us.  I was up several times in the night with Emily as she threw up, so we headed back to my parents' house the next day.  In spite of the yucky end to the reunion, it was really wonderful to be with cousins, aunts, and uncles.

2 comments:

The Normans said...

I didn't realize you guys had gotten sick. That's not fun! It was good to see you guys!

mbrady said...

Mike and I were only able to make it on Sunday. I'm sad we missed each other! And sorry about the sickness too..never fun!