Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Facebook

So, last week I signed up on Facebook. I'd heard about it, but wasn't sure if it was like MySpace (which kinda has a bad rap). Well, after Darrell signed up and told me about how he was able to be in touch with some friends from our old singles ward, I thought I'd give it a try.

And now I'm totally loving Facebook. Not only have I been able to be in touch with "recent friends," I've also been able to find out what's happening in the lives of high school friends, college friends and mission friends. Perhaps my best "find" out of this whole thing is being in touch with many of my old fourth graders. It's so weird to see them all grown up. At least 3 are married, one has a baby and tons of them are in their last year or two of high school or they're already in college. Perhaps the thing that does my heart the most good is to see that my 4th graders are just as good as adults as they were as kids. They love the gospel and they're making great choices in their lives. I love it!

So, for those of you still not signed up on Facebook, go ahead give it a try. I think you can just go to Facebook.com to sign up. Or just e-mail me and I will send you an invitation to be my friend and you'll get signed up from there. You just never know what friends from the past will "show up" again in your life.

1 comment:

Redhoodoos said...

Hey Debbie - I just recently signed up on Facebook too. It is kind of addicting (though blogging is way much more fun)! I am Jodi Burton Watson if you want a facebook buddy!

Have a great Thanksgiving!