
One day during my pregnancy with Tyler, Darrell and I went to Motherhood Maternity to buy some maternity nylons or something like that. As we were waiting to be checked out we came across these pee-pee teepees. The packaging said "Pee-pee teepees for the sprinkling wee-wee." We didn't buy them at the time, but we laughed every time we thought about them.
Well, the more we thought about them, and the more we heard stories about "sprinkling wee-wees" on little boys, the more we thought about actually getting some. So, next time we were in Motherhood Maternity we purchased a set of our very own.
Fast forward to when Tyler was born. Much to our relief (or was it disappointment???), we found out we didn't really need the pee-pee teepees. Tyler rarely sprinkled during diaper changes, and the occasional time he did, well, it wasn't really that big of deal.
Well, I sure could have used a pee-pee teepee this morning at 4:45 a.m. Tyler woke up crying so I got a bottle for him and decided to change his diaper so he wouldn't soak his jammies and bedding. Let's just say that before I could even think about grabbing one of those dusty pee-pee teepees, Tyler had sprinkled on the wall, his clothes, the changing table, the laundry hamper and his hair (at least he missed his eyes). I just grabbed the closest thing nearby--a burp rag--and covered the little sprinkler up. And as you can imagine, cleaning up pee-pee in the "wee" hours of the morning really isn't all that fun. Aaahhh!!! Life with a sprinkling wee-wee!
2 comments:
I remember those times!
I love how you wrote it. Yes boys can really shoot the pee pee all over the place, I wish they would have had those when Cameron was a baby. Those middle of the night changings are the worst, I have to change Sofia in the night occasionally and it is hard to function and be quick with the diaper.
Post a Comment