Darrell prepared the garden.

Tyler loved helping.


The garden (with no mystery plants this year, we hope!)

Here it is today. The spinach, peas and some of our beans are already up! (And I swear the rocks multiply and grow from year to year too!)

The garden plot you see above was *lovingly* cleared and de-rocked by yours truly. It took two summers and hours and hours to get it to that point. We laid sod around the garden the second summer and kind-of blocked it in. I want to expand our garden, but I don't want to dig up the sod or spend hours clearing rocks, so I decided we needed to build a garden box.
Here is the garden box in progress.






Now it's just waiting to be filled and planted!
3 comments:
How fun! I'm jealous you have space to grow some green goodies!
Awesome! It looks so good! What will you grow in such a lovely box?
We have one with strawberries but it is not glamorous looking like yours!
We're putting the cucumbers and squash-type plants in the box so they can have room to spread out in the grass if necessary. I didn't want them taking up my precious garden space.
Post a Comment