My cute husband Darrell planted most of our tiny garden this year. We've gotten beans, tomatoes and a cucumber out of it so far. The only problem is that he can't remember what he planted here:
Hmmm... it is almost the same color as broccoli leaves, but since I am a beginner gardner as well, I am not much help. I can't wait until our cucumbers are big enough to eat - Yum!
I think it is broccoli, now that everyone's said so. So far all I see is leaves, so I don't know if we'll be able to actually harvest the vegetable or not. It will be fun to watch!
Our broccoli just looked as if it was only going to be leaves as well, and the leaves got pretty big, then one day I looked and there was the tiny little broccoli heads in the center of all the leaves, then bam several days later they were huge and ready to harvest - so maybe it is just growing slow.
8 comments:
You got me - I know nothing about veggie gardens. Love that you've reaped "a cucumber!" I would love to do this one day.
Hmmm... it is almost the same color as broccoli leaves, but since I am a beginner gardner as well, I am not much help. I can't wait until our cucumbers are big enough to eat - Yum!
I'm thinking it looks oddly like cabbage that hasn't gone to head yet or it could be cauliflower. Or I couldn't be totally off! =)
Or I think I might have to say I agree with Jennifer! Could definitely be broccoli!
I googled "images of broccoli plants and I am thinking that is what it is!
I think it is broccoli, now that everyone's said so. So far all I see is leaves, so I don't know if we'll be able to actually harvest the vegetable or not. It will be fun to watch!
I agree with califlower or broccoli!
Our broccoli just looked as if it was only going to be leaves as well, and the leaves got pretty big, then one day I looked and there was the tiny little broccoli heads in the center of all the leaves, then bam several days later they were huge and ready to harvest - so maybe it is just growing slow.
Post a Comment