Thursday, July 31, 2008

Grasshoppers and Morning Glory

Our yard has two friendly visitors--grasshoppers and morning glory. As I was walking through the grass this morning, loads of grasshoppers jumped out of my way. Gross! Then as I was attacking the morning glory on my hands and knees, there was a grasshopper right in front of me on the grass. I tried shooing him away and he wouldn't even budge--the nerve! We do not have a welcome sign or a "no vacancy" sign posted for either of our "guests," and I wish they'd just leave.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took Tyler outside with me and put him on a blanket in the shade. I heard him squirming around and found him with the blanket over his head.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great photo of the pesky grasshopper!

Derek said...

Hey, I sometimes sleep with a pillow over my head. Keeps out the bright lights and some sounds.

Kimberly said...

LOL! SO frustrating when your arms don't work like you want them too! So cute (Tyler that is)! Those other pesky visitors can just leave already!