Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tyler's Preschool Program

Tyler had his preschool program last week.  My parents attended my niece Olivia's preschool program earlier that morning and made it just in time to meet us at McDonald's for dinner before heading to the fitness center where the program was held.

Tyler was a little stinker and didn't want to be up on the tables with the other kids.  I finally got him up there, but then he just laid down.



The other kids just filled in around him. (He's the space second from the left on the top row.)



Miss Katie asked if I wanted to go up there with him to see if that would help.  So I sat up there and tried to get him to do the actions.  Tyler was a "limp noodle" and wouldn't do anything.



Finally I threatened him that if he laid down anymore, then I would take him out in the hall and sit him on a "naughty chair."  He didn't want that so he didn't lay down, but he just sat there with his head down. The kids around him tried to get him to put his head up.  I thought it was pretty funny so I took a picture (because basically what else was there to take a picture of when your child won't do anything he's supposed to at a preschool program?  I probably should have apologized to all of the other parents that Tyler was so distracting.)



Miss Katie's husband, Principal Dan, had to hold Tyler while he got his book and certificate.



At least he was happy when we got home with his very cool candy lei that he got.



Tyler is such a performer at home.  He loves singing and dancing and he has sung several of the songs that they performed at the program as he has been playing at home.  Hopefully he'll mature a little by next year's performance.  (Sigh!)

1 comment:

Derek said...

I want a candy lei