The kids and I spent a few days in Montana before I left them with Mom and Dad for a few days while I had teacher meetings.
A beautiful Montana evening with cousins and Grandpa
We took the cousins to go cliff jumping at the reservoir. It was the first time Emily, Megan and Tyler had gone and they were all a little nervous. They all did the "small" rocks, but Tyler worked up his courage to jump off the bigger cliffs.
Emily
Megan
Tyler (red jacket)
Just hanging out.
Cliff-jumping cousins (Aubrey, Laura, Kyle, Tyler, Daniel, Megan, Olivia, and Emily)
The kids got to help snap bean from the garden.
We hiked into a beautiful mountain lake.
Emily, Megan and Tyler
The kids loved playing in the water and catching frogs and tadpoles.
Megan, Emily and Tyler
Grandpa helped them fish.
A dual between Tyler and Silas.
I decided to wear my 20-year-ish hiking boots (that I probably haven't worn in 20-ish years). As we were hiking, one of the soles started to flap around. My mom had little bungies that we used to strap the sole on. Then lo and behold! the other sole started to do the same thing! One evetually came all of the way off and I hiked out with just the boot on my foot and no sole to protect it much from the bumps of the trail, but I survived.
We had "home church" and it was so nice to be with Mom and Dad. Dad gave the lesson.
Cousins-Tyler, Daniel, Kyle
These silly cousins made a human chain to pass electricity from the electric fence through all of them.
Cousin craft time!
The rocks turned out so cute!
Mom, Dad, the kids and I took the pick up four-wheel driving up to a hidden Montana lake.
This log "throne" is so fun.(Emily and Megan)
A picnic in the pick up.
Hiking down
Dad, Mom and I helped the kids fish.
Tyler
Emily
Megan
It's such a pretty little lake.
Show us your guns there, Tyler!
There was a fire burning off in the distance on the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment