The weekend after the first week of school I started feeling a little icky. Since we were repeatedly told from the school district to "stay home if you're not feeling well," the kids and I stayed home on Monday and I went to get tested for COVID.
I was at the pool with the kids on the second day of staying home when I got the call to say that I had tested positive for COVID-19. It was very surreal!
Which meant testing (with complete biohazard gear) for the rest of the family. (Luckily no one else tested positive or felt any symptoms.)
I made the decision to self-isolate in the master bedroom and master bathroom while the rest quarantined in the rest of the apartment. I knew it was the best way to get through this crazy ordeal with the least amount of quarantined time (barring the chance that someone else would test positive and the quarantine time would start all over again.)
It was a challenge to teach Emily and Megan from my bedroom via Google Meet and to help Tyler tackle junior high curriculum. I even tried to show him how hold his mouth for the trumpet mouthpiece from the doorway of his bedroom. Thank goodness for FaceTime so Kimberly could help him.
I spent my time coming up with lesson plans (yay for wonderful co-workers who printed what I needed), "teaching" the kids and working on puzzles. The kids would bring me food and leave it outside of the room. I am blessed that I only felt cold-like symptoms that lasted a few days.
Darrell and the kids took a little outing to Iosepa, Utah on Labor Day. That way they could stay away from people. I was able to get out of the room and even go for a walk.





No comments:
Post a Comment