Wednesday, July 16, 2025

May 2024

 Tyler turned 16!

It was a different birthday because Tyler chose to participate in a 3-game basketball tournament on his birthday so we ended up celebrating for 2 days.  We had Donut Boy donuts for breakfast and he opened his presents.



  

My mom came down to watch Tyler's games.  We celebrated by putting a candle in a Little Debbie Snack cake and singing to him after we got home.

 

The next day we celebrated with a Costco cake.

 


One of my students gave me this cute Cinco de Mayo basket. (and also the BYU sweatshirt.)






We went to Megan's choir concert.  She belongs to a group called Perfect Harmony.



Megan and Emily also had a band and orchestra concert.  Megan played the violin and Emily did percussion.  We went to Menchie's afterwards and took Megan's friend Zoe with us.

 


 




Emily has been the manager for the track team this year.  I met up with her at a meet at the Taylorsville track meet.



We volunteered to help at the Taylorsville Temple Open House.  The girls and I did shoe covers, Tyler and Darrell were ushers in the marriage waiting room.  The girls complained about their aching backs, but I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve together.  We went to Leatherby's afterwards for a treat.

  




 

 

For Mother's Day Tyler warmed up 2 pancakes for me for breakfast.



Emily did dinner-Costco street tacos, watermelon and mini cinnamon rolls.  I love being a mom.

 

Megan had 2 nights of her dance concert.  

 

 

Emily's dance class performed the 2nd night.

 

We went to Tyler's band concert.




Tyler participated in a basketball tournament.


Darrell and I went to his work's annual banquet.  It was held at Snowbird this year.

 

My co-teacher and I did several technology challenges this year and were surprised to be awarded with a very large check for the extra $200 we earned for completing all of the months of challenges.  It was a total surprise when they walked into the classroom with the check.




Last day of school!

 

 

We sure love this "Silly Goose!"


No comments: