Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Birthday Party

Darrell's birthday was on Sunday. We loved having my brother Derek and his wife Tansy stop by to help celebrate on their way to the airport to head back to California.

Photobucket

I made Darrell's birthday cake on Saturday night. It was one of our favorites: german chocolate with the coconut/pecan frosting mixed in it (instead of putting it on the top.) Anyway, I got out our handy dandy new KitchenAid mixer to make it. It turns out the mixer is a little more powerful than we thought. It really whipped the cake--so much so, that the cake overflowed the bundt pan and then fell when it came out of the oven. The only thing we could do is spoon the cake into a bowl.

Photobucket

So I made another cake the next day (this time with a hand mixer.)

Photobucket

Here's Darrell with his two "birthday cakes." At least they both tasted good.

Photobucket

No comments: