
The "ugly" side of this pregnancy is the varicose veins (I'll spare you the picture of the huge mass of "night-crawler"-looking veins above my knee on the back side of my right leg. It is so NOT pretty.) But it is painful.
So, I looked into maternity compression support hose. Would you believe that they cost upwards of $60.00 a pair? The more expensive ones cost $115.00 on sale. I went with a $68.00 pair.
I ordered a free "care kit" with them, which included a bottle of cleaning fluid and a pair of bright orange rubber gloves. I'm to clean the hose every night with the special cleaning fluid, and I'm to use the gloves to put the support hose on each day.
And believe me, you need those bright orange gloves! The compression at the ankle is so "strong" that unless I use the rubber gloves to PULL with all my might, I can't even get the hose over my heels. (The rubber gloves help protect the hose from being torn by fingernails, rings, etc.) Then I slowly inch the hose up my leg with more pulling and pulling. At least the pulling gets easier the farther up my leg I go because the compression isn't as strong. By the time I have both legs in the support hose, I am winded and out of breath!
But it's worth it! My legs don't hurt nearly as bad, which is a good thing, since my legs will probably only get worse over the next 2 1/2 months.
3 comments:
You look so good!!! How exciting to be counting down the weeks...
Debbie you look GREAT - I love your outfit and your necklace, cute cute! Sorry to hear about the vericose veins, but YEAH for compressions socks/hose. We certainly go through alot for these precious little babies :)
Varicose veins did me in! Excepting I didn't get any support wonder hose during those pregnancy years.
In fact, my children ask me how come it looks like my legs have bruises all over them . . . I tell them it is all their fault :)!
Post a Comment