Summer fun in the sprinkler, pool and with the sprinkler under the trampoline.
We went for a hike up to Donut Falls with the Young Men and Young Women. Here's some of the cute Young Women (and one Young Men photo bomber)
Darrell came to watch the kids on the last day of swimming lessons. Then we got snow cones.
Enjoying Seven Peaks
Tyler
Darrell and Megan
Emily
Kimberly agreed to watch the kids while I was at Girls Camp. We met them half way in Pocatello, ID at the Arctic Circle/convenient store so I could "drop off" the kids. This sign in the convenience store made me laugh: (They're advertising their f'real shakes.) "These are delicious. You make them yourself. It is a little faster than our lovely neighbors at Arctic Circle and a little less expensive. Enjoy one today!!!!"
We were getting ready to go our separate ways when Tyler noticed the front passenger tire on Kimberly's van was flat. A nice employee at the convenience store came out and helped put the spare tire on. They he clocked out of work and led the way to the tire store because he said it was tricky to find. What a nice, nice guy! The kids waiting for the spare tire to get put on. (Megan on Olivia, Tyler, Kyle and Aubrey and Olaf.)
I had the chance to go to Girls Camp for a third year in a row. I love Girls Camp and I love these girls (and leaders.) This is a small sampling of some of the things we did at Girls Camp.
I was in charge of a craft: Making these little journals. All of the girls did their own and they turned out really cute.
The girls with their emergency aid kits.
One of the activities was tug of war. The winners had to go against the leaders. (We won!) Then they put all 21 of the girls against us leaders, and well...we lost.
Wearing our N.A.V.Y. shirts (Noble and Virtuous Youth)
We made it home:
I got home from Girls Camp Friday at 1:00 p.m. I showered and rested a little and then Darrell and I headed north to the family reunion on my Mom's side. The kids were pretty excited to see us. It was weird to not have my parents at the reunion, but I kept sending them pictures to keep them "in the loop." I love family reunions and catching up with cousins, aunts and uncles. (This is the first year we haven't had a grandparent there.)
| Mary, Olivia, Emily and Megan |
| Tyler, Daniel and Kyle |
| My youngest cousin Matthew |
| My uncle John |
| Emily on a huge stump |
| Best cousins-Kyle and Tyler |
Our family's contribution to Saturday lunch: pizza and (homemade rootbeer--not shown)
There was a little celebration of my Aunt Dianne's retirement from teaching.
Dianne and her grandkids
It was super hot that weekend. The kids enjoying popsicles on the trampoline and what the butter thought about the heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment