Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June


June was a busy, busy month.  Here is a recap of some of the things that didn't get their own post.  I had a piano recital for the 7 piano students I teach at our house.

Tyler



Tyler's song.


At the very end, the 3 boys and I did a piano quartet.  It was fun.



A random picture that Emily wanted me to take of her with her doll clothes on the handrail.



The kids love to draw on scratch paper and then hang their drawings up.  Here is a sampling.  Tyler loves to draw minions and that's what at the top.



We got a little pool to enjoy on hot summer afternoons.



Father's Day  Darrell really is a super daddy to these crazy little ones!  (Emily by Darrell.  Megan and Tyler behind).



Tyler had an afternoon to himself while the girls were at a birthday party.  He created these hot and cold zones.  (The car changes colors depending on the temperature of the water.)




We went to the library for a cooking demonstration.  The kids helped make healthy cookies (to go with the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie."

Megan



Emily



Tyler




The kids took swimming lessons for 2 weeks.  They learned a lot.

This is "free time" at the beginning of each lesson.





Megan and Emily waiting for their turn.




Tyler



  
They got to jump off the diving board the last day or two of lessons.

Emily



Megan



Tyler


  
We enjoyed sno cones a couple times after swimming lessons. 




Making marble machines



I had the kids continue to do school work.  They had to work in their "summer bridge" workbooks and read to me.



My sister and her kids stopped by for a little while before they flew out to visit my parents in Texas.  My kids LOVE their cousins. (Megan, Olivia, Kimberly, Kyle, Tyler, Aubrey and Emily.)



The last soccer games.  Emily and Megan with their medals.



Tyler with his.


  
We went to our stake neighborhood carnival.  The kids loved the face painting.

Tyler



Emily



Megan


  
They also played some games, colored and jumped in a bounce house.









One morning while I was teaching piano lessons, Emily asked me if she could do a puzzle.  I said, "Yes, but only get one out at a time."  Um, yeah, this is what 9 puzzles, all mixed up and spread all over the floor looks like.  After she and Megan had to separate the pieces and make each one, I don't think they'll be doing that again.











1 comment:

The Normans said...

It looks like your summer has been full of fun!! Great pictures!!