Monday, July 27, 2009

Campin' with D and T

This past weekend we went camping with these 2 awesome people--my brother Derek and his wife Tansy. The weather was perfect (except for raining out lunch on Saturday), the campsite was beautiful and the company was terrific. You can't ask for more than that!

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Hee! Hee! I told you I'd put that one on the blog!)

This was our campsite. (D & T's tent is way down at the other end under the trees.)

Photobucket

Our campsite was right next to a beautiful creek.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tyler loved crawling everywhere and even tried to take on a steep hill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bringing in the wood.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tyler loved Derek's fast and crazy rides.

Photobucket

Hanging out with Tansy.

Photobucket

Tyler loved watching Derek and Tansy play frisbee and would giggle and giggle.

Photobucket

Darrell of da 'hood!

Photobucket

Here's Derek scaling the mountain on the other side of the creek.

Photobucket

When Tyler wasn't playing in the dirt, he loved hanging out on the table. (I tell you, why buy toys when spoons and toothbrushes do the trick?)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tansy and her super comfy hammock.

Photobucket

Hanging out in the tent.

Photobucket

A tuckered boy. (Too bad I didn't see this much between 2:30-4:00 a.m. that night when Tyler thought it would be fun to laugh, talk and crawl around the pitch black tent!)

Photobucket

We took a short ride to a nearby reservoir. Tyler thought it was pretty cool to put your hands and feet in the water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although I don't have many pictures of us eating, we really enjoyed the food: dutch oven chicken and rice, pancakes, eggs and sausage, ham and turkey wraps, hamburgers and a dutch oven dessert. Plus it wouldn't be camping without s'mores and roasted marshmallows! Here is Derek flipping the pancakes.

Photobucket

Feeding my little buddy chicken and rice.

Photobucket

We had such a fun time it was hard to see it come to an end. We're especially sad that D and T are moving on to bigger and better things and won't be here to do a repeat next year.

Photobucket

(A big thanks to my friend Stacy who took this picture. Coincidentally she and her family were in the campsite next to ours.)

3 comments:

Derek said...

Why the silly pictures? I didn't think you would really do it...jk Thanks for the fun weekend!

Katie and Dennis said...

I have to laugh at the initials: D and T because of Derek's facebook comments about DDT. Looks like a very, very fun time!

Tansy said...

Yay for camping with the D's and T's! It was a ton of fun. Thanks for the great pictures!