Friday, July 10, 2009

A Really Fun 4th of July Weekend

We were able to spend a few days with Darrell's family this week in California and we had a great time.

Darrell's mom Carol, Tyler and I were participants in a neighborhood kids parade. We joined other kids and adults with decorated bikes, scooters, wagons, and strollers and paraded through the streets.

Photobucket

This was the leader of the parade. He had a sound system hooked up to his wagon that played patriotic music.

Photobucket

Tyler liked the free flag a lady handed out.

Photobucket
Photobucket

This was our "middle of the pack" view during the parade. We ended the parade at a gentleman's house who turned 94 years old that day. He came out so we could sing to him. The parade was a great start to our day.

Photobucket

Here's our annual 4th of July pictures. See last year's here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we were treated to an awesome fireworks show at a nearby stadium. Here we are before the big event. We went with Darrell's parents, his sister Brenda and her husband Steve.

Photobucket

They allowed people to go down on the field before the fireworks so Darrell took Tyler down. Tyler loved crawling along the white sideline. He was the cutest little dot down there! He loved the fireworks and watched with rapt attention, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of that.

Photobucket

We were able to celebrate Darrell's grandma's 90th birthday while we were there.
Happy Birthday Nellie!

Photobucket

Here's Tyler and Nellie at dinner. I love Tyler's "high chair." It was perfect for him.

Photobucket

Carol bought matching shirts for Darrell and Tyler for Father's Day. Here are the 2 peas in a pod.

Photobucket

Darrell's dad Wayne bought Tyler these awesome sunglasses. Tyler does great at leaving them on.

Photobucket

One day Carol, Darrell, Tyler and I headed to the park. Tyler LOVED the swing and stayed in there for a LONG time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Darrell wanted to introduce Tyler to Tyler's "girl cousins" (as Darrell calls them). They are Steve and Brenda's dogs. Here's Roxy or Harley (I can't remember which--the other one was shy and/or scared of Tyler.)

Photobucket

Nellie treated us to our favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden.

Photobucket
Photobucket

There's nothing like good food and family.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Darrell and Brenda

Photobucket

Tyler is wearing the puppy outfit we bought him with the money Nellie gave him for his birthday.

Photobucket

Our time together flew by too quickly, but Tyler and I are excited to go back and stay longer next month!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm downloading my pictures now and I will send them to you....I think I got a good one of Tyler watching the fireworks! Your pictures were great!

Derek said...

The dog's name is Roxy. Actually I have no idea.

Stacy said...

How fun!!! I love the picture across the field of Tyler and your hubby!

Unknown said...

Fun pictures! I'll have to tell you about my trip to California. We stayed with Rebecca and her husband Janeel. They are expecting a baby girl in September!!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you had a most fabulous time!