A child who won't hold his own sippy cup. (And a mom and dad who are sippy cup servants to their king.)

It's not that Tyler couldn't hold a sippy cup, because he could. It's just that he'd put his mouth on it and try to suck on the sippy cup without raising it up. As soon as we'd "move in" to raise the cup up, he'd drop his hands.
So, I've been giving Tyler sippy cup lessons this week. After returning to the "training" cups with handles and repeatedly pushing his elbows up to raise the cup, we have an official graduate.

And lest you think the above tale is evidence of slack mothering skills, I must share what happened yesterday at lunch. I had just finished saying the prayer to bless the food when I looked up to see Tyler with his head bowed and "praying." I just might be on my way to being a good mom after all!
3 comments:
Haha! We need to give Princess Bella lessons too! We still hold her bottle for her, and I need to give her sippy cups more often! Good to know the training shouldn't take to long :)
Oh Mighty Tyler! Congrats on passing your sippy cup course!
This post made me laugh!! Kids are SO SMART! Both of my boys were completely willing to let me do everything for them. (I was still getting Jacob dressed when Brooklyn learned how to dress herself!) He's is such a cutie! You are a great mom. In the next couple of months, he'll be saying Amen and it will melt your heart!
Post a Comment