I love that our daffodils bloomed. We planted them last fall, but we had to cut through the weedmat under the woodchips and that was a pain.
Derek and his family texted me to see if they could drop something by. I said sure! They brought me a 50th birthday surprise--a beautiful flower arrangement and 50 Little Debbie snack cakes!
They ended up staying for dinner! What a fun surprise!
Trying out the Little Debbie Snack cakes
My students were so cute on my birthday. They all signed a "card" for me at lunch and then came in and sang to my after lunch.
We went to El Habanero, a yummy Mexican restaurant to celebrate the big 50!
This Costco cake is so cute!
My birthday haul!
Megan, Tyler, me and Emily holding Mrs. Porg and the Porglets.
Our school choir, the Rocketeers, performed a "Music Through the Decades" concert. It turned out really well!
I had an assistant this year and that was fabulous. She is the librarian and knows all of the kids really well.
It was a little surreal to have Megan and Emily be in their final Rocketeers concert. They've been coming to rehearsals since they were in preschool. They couldn't join the choir until they were in 3rd grade and they weren't super excited about joining this year, but I made them. They were part of my 6th grade helpers.
My parents came down for our concert and Darrell gave an impromptu speech during the "awards" part of the concert to let everyone know how much time I put into Rocketeers. It was sweet!
Love these kids so much!
We went to Menchies afteward for a treat.
We performed for the school the next day and I took some pictures during the performance. I love the rainbow hats during "Over the Rainbow."
Dying Easter eggs
Tyler's team played in a basketball tournament and my mom, Kimberly, Kyle, Aubrey and Olivia were able to attend a game.
That afternoon we all met up at the Logan Temple for the wedding of my niece Laura to Logan Davison.
We got pictures before the wedding. Here are my parents and all of the grandkids.
No comments:
Post a Comment