Friday, October 17, 2008

Brrr!!!

Last Saturday I had to be at the Stake Center to help with the Stake Baptisms by 8:00 a.m. It was just "slushing" as I was making my way there. But then the big beautiful snowflakes came down in earnest, a real winter wonderland.

Darrell got some pictures as the snow came down in our backyard and the field beyond.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later, when I got home I was greeted by this cute sight. I love it when baby's smile in their sleep.

Photobucket

We pulled out the car seat cover, and Tyler wasn't too sure how he felt about that.

Photobucket

But we did get him to smile.

Photobucket

And wouldn't you know it? The snow melted by that afternoon, so our winter wonderland was just a brief moment.

Well then later that night, say around 1:38 a.m., our power went out. Darrell called the power company and got a recording saying that the power would be back on by 4:30 a.m. So Darrell brought Tyler in bed with us and we stayed nice and cozy under the comforter. (I can't say that I slept all that well, though). By 6:30 the power still wasn't on. So we still stayed in bed. We found out that a drunk driver had hit the power pole and that the power wouldn't come back on until 12:30 p.m. At 10:30 a.m. we found out that the power was on at the church and that they would be having church at 11:00. Well, Darrell took a hot shower (I didn't know that our gas hot water heater would still work, but it did) and we headed off to church where we could at least be warm. (I didn't shower because I wouldn't have been able to blow dry my hair. And by the looks of the many pony tails and barrettes at church, I think others thought the same thing.) The power came back on at 1:20 p.m. while we were still in church. It was soooooo nice to be warm in our house again. You don't realize how much your world revolves around electricity until it is no longer there. The good news is that the contents in our fridge and freezer were still good since we'd just been through our winter wonderland, with temperatures to match.

Here's Tyler in his "Power Outage Outfit." (Say that 3 times fast!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

Derek said...

I'm glad it was warmer this week!