Friday, October 17, 2008

Grateful

Last week, after I taught music to the 4th graders, I was talking to one of my teacher friends. She had a baby about a month after Tyler was born. She is really feeling the stress of being a working mom--trying to do it all, but barely keeping up. I feel for her. I know I wouldn't handle things very well at all.

So today I'm so grateful. I'm grateful for a hard-working husband who makes it possible to stay home.

I'm grateful that I get to dance with Tyler to our favorite toddler tunes.

Photobucket

And I'm grateful that Tyler cuddles with ME.

Photobucket

I'm grateful that Tyler falls asleep in my arms as he drifts off to "puppy land" (as Darrell puts it.)

Photobucket

I'm grateful that I'm that one that gets to check on him during his afternoon naps.

Photobucket

And that he wakes up to see my face.

Photobucket

I am so grateful.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Stacy said...

Your posts make me want to cry and be a better mom!

Brenda said...

Tyler is sooooo lucky to have you for a mommy!

Janell said...

This is so awesome! Tyler is such a cutie pie and I agree - so lucky to have you for a mom and Darell for a dad. I'm so glad you get to be there for all of this too, and I am so happy to be back in my kids' lives in the same way. yay for motherhood!

Katie and Dennis said...

What wonderful blessings! And to think that too many mothers miss it totally. I love the picture of Tyler smiling in his sleep. And the cuddling pictures are so precious!

Trisha said...

Tyler is so cute! I'm so glad you put your blog on the mission website! You look fabulous! Keep in touch!

Trisha

e.brooke said...

I love this post!

Motherhood a most sacred earthly blessing!

At Home! said...

I love this post. Wish the whole world felt the same way you do. Tyler is a blessed boy to have such wonderful parents. And you are blessed to value the miracle minutes of motherhood. They go so fast. Thank you!